So here we are on Day 5 of 7 Days of Free Printables. I really hope you’ve found the gifts useful so far. Today’s printable is one that my mum requested and it’s a 20 minutes a day tracker. It’s also one that I’ve printed 2 copies of for myself.
Over the last few days I’ve been sharing new printables for you to download for free. Yesterday’s freebie was a pretty password tracker. All my freebies are being added to my new subscriber-only free resource library along with some little extra bonuses. You can check out this post – 7 Days of Free Printables for the complete list.
So my fifth free printable is this 20 minutes a day tracker. You can find the download link at the end of this post.
What is a 20 minutes a day tracker?
I created this 20 minutes a day tracker for you to use any way you’d like. But I’m hoping it could help you create a new habit or achieve something you’ve been putting off. Or something you want to do but haven’t managed to find the time.
Most people can find 20 minutes to spare a day. And it quickly adds up.
20 minutes a day for a week equals 140 minutes
In a month (30days) it totals 10 hours
And spending 20 minutes a day for an entire year would give you 7300 minutes or over 120 hours of time dedicated to whatever you want to do or achieve.
What sort of things could I track?
- 20 minutes of exercise – Whether it’s a short burst of HIIT training, early morning yoga or getting out for a walk each day. 20 minutes of daily exercise is great for your health. In 20 minutes you could walk about 1 mile, and take between 2-3000 steps burning 70-100 calories
- 20 minutes of reading – Do you love reading but feel you don’t have the time to spare? 20 minutes is long enough to read around 10 pages. And that’s a 300 page book read each month.
- 20 minutes of creativity – How about the idea of committing to 20 minutes a day doing something creative? Whether it’s digging out an old project you’ve been meaning to finish or starting a new hobby. Try putting aside some time to enjoy making something.
- Learn for 20 minutes every day – Dedicate 20 minutes a day to learning something new. Are you hoping to take a holiday abroad? Commit to learning some of the language before you go. Or take a photography or photo editing class to capture some fantastic memories. I love Udemy or Skillshare for their courses or there are tutorials for all kinds of subjects on Youtube.
- Declutter for 20 minutes a day – Try putting aside 20 minutes a day to declutter your home, room by room. Enjoy the feeling as your space gets clearer and calmer and easier to clean. A focused 20 minutes can make a huge difference.
I’m using my tracker to track 20 minutes of reading and 20 minutes of creativity. I want to do 20 minutes of colouring a day as I enjoy it but have not picked up my pencils for over a year.
In the first column I’ll note the book I’m reading or what I’m colouring. I’ll log page number and maybe percentage of colouring completed in the second column to give me an idea of what I can accomplish.
Free Subscriber Resource Library
You can find the download links for my tracker at the bottom of this post. If you’re a subscriber then you have access to all my freebies in my subscriber resource library.
If you’d like to receive updates about all my new freebies and blog posts, along with useful planning tips and inspiration then sign up for my weekly newsletter below. I’ll also send you the password to my free subscriber-only resource library.
Make a New Habit
Have you thought of something you’d like to commit to for 20 minutes a day? By making a decision and printing off my tracker you’re half way to success.
But just as importantly I believe you need to choose a time to complete your activity. Try to make it a habit. Make a date in your calendar or planner, preferably the same time each day and look forward to it.
I have some great tips on habit creating in this post 10 ways to Build a New Habit and Make it Stick
Here are the links to the tracker pages, available in 8.5×11″ and A4
It would be great to hear what you’re planning to track.
I have a little store on Etsy with lots more printables. I’d love you to check it out to see all my planners, journals and loads more.
Leave a Reply